Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Inauguration

I've been brainstorming how to start for a week or two. When I was walk/jogging this morning, it was warm(ish), and I passed a beautiful bunch of daffodils in bloom. After being cooped up for a full week with a nasty bug, moving my body and feeling that first hint of spring was invigorating! And, I thought, "I'll post about spring and new beginnings and all that" and seque into my new blog.

But that won't be it (only) because later in the day I hit downtown Bethesda with my two little ones to shop for birthday party invitations. As we headed out of the building above the parking garage, I saw two little blonde boys playing on the steps and thought, "Those little boys look like Shana's kids." Then, lo and behold, there was Shana of Ain't No Mom Jeans fame! If you're a mama and not familiar with Ain't No Mom Jeans, hop right over there this minute and get your fashion fix.

But, truly, Shana was just as delightful in person as she is on her blog, and she was quite lovely to me in spite of my stammering starstruck behavior. She even was willing to pose for a picture.


All in all, I interpreted the chance encounter as a sign that I should go ahead and get this blog up and rolling. Here goes!

4 comments :

  1. I am delighted that you have chosen to do this. A day when you're feeling better and get to walk out amid early signs of spring is a great day to make such a decision. CTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No way?! I love that S! I work with her here and there, if you didn't know already. That is too cool...I'd love to run into her some day. Nice start to your lovely blog :). Do you live in Bethesda? I grew up in Kensington...and all around there. Wow. Small world. Cheers. I am looking forward to seeing all that you do here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me among your most loyal of readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, it was so fun running into you!! Am delighted to see that you started your blog! Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!