Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Birthday Week

It's birthday week in our household. My mother-in-law's birthday is today, my son's is tomorrow, and my daughter's is Sunday. We're also having cousins over on Sunday to celebrate my kids' second cousin's birthday, which was yesterday.





I ordered the cutest birthday banner from shopthefeltmarket on Etsy. I'm not being paid to advertise for this shop, but I highly recommend it. Look how cute this banner turned out!









I also ordered two birthday crowns. Maggie's is actually pink despite how it looks in the photo. The woman who made these was easy to work with and very flexible in incorporating the colors and patterns I asked for.







As far as we're concerned, birthdays call for chocolate. Dark chocolate, that is. We've effectively trained our four-year-old daughter to prefer dark chocolate, and training for our son starts tomorrow with his birthday. I'm going to make cupcakes with the best chocolate cake recipe ever, but today, for my mother-in-law, I attempted pots de creme from a recipe on Epicurious. Here they are fresh out of the oven and drained of their water bath (and somewhat damaged by tongs). They spend a few hours in the fridge, and then they'll get treated with fresh fruit before serving.

(clearly need to work on my photography skills)
And now, a few pictures of the cutest kitchen helper ever. Maggie and I generously sampled the leftover chocolate and still can't wait to taste the pots de creme (or "chocolate pudding"). We LURVE chocolate around here!


The best part of our kitchen fun? Maggie's song:

Eggs and sugar,
Eggs and sugar,
Eggs and sugar,
I love you!

1 comment :

Make my day and leave me a comment!