Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

Pretty

Fashionista
This dress: gorgeous, isn't it? And the wearer, so proud.

Happy

I have a bad habit of taking on projects and then becoming very grumpy and driven until they're complete. Yes, I am a J. I got it in my head that I would make a playhouse out of the two remaining wardrobe boxes left from our move. On Mother's Day. A fun idea, right?


I think there was some fun in between the 20 times I had to retrieve the scissors from Leo, but I'm just not the most patient mother during the during. The playhouse is actually a great deal fancier now with rainbow duct tape (made me think of Project Runway), some shelf liner I found for free at a yard sale, and Maggie's painting skills. Some day it might even get a roof!

 
Good times



Funny

Leo and I chaperoned Maggie's class's field trip to a farm/petting zoo last week. I've never been to a petting zoo this large or one with this variety of tame animals. Maggie, like me, was a little hesitant near the larger creatures, but Leo couldn't care less.

Intrepid cow climber
Very small and very large

 

Real

Sigh. After a long day of meal-preparing, ball-tossing, tricycle-guiding, errand-running, dish-doing, driveway-sweeping, floor-scrubbing after shattering an entire bottle of marinara sauce on it, and bedtime-routine-leading, the best thing I can do for myself is sit down with a beer and a magazine and be by myself for awhile. So glad the weather cooperated.

Linked up at Like Mother, Like Daughter.

1 comment :

  1. What a WONDERFUL DAY!

    (And that cow sure was a good sport!)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!