Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

Pretty

lovely, lovely, lovely


My peonies survived! Peonies are my favorite flower. They're gorgeous and they smell divine. What's not to love? When we moved from Asheville, I knew there was no way I wasn't taking my peonies with me. A friend helped me dig about half of them up, and I called a nursery to discover how I should let them weather the winter above ground (in cardboard boxes covered in peat moss, if you're interested).

Well, it took us much longer than expected to find our new home, but you better believe I got those sprouted roots in the ground as soon as possible. Now I am pleased to report every single one of them survived, and I am even getting blooms on two of them this spring. Couldn't be happier. And speaking of...

Happy

Our little 14 month old decided he was ready to take a few steps this weekend with the lure of his cousin's phone.


I've been watching with bated breath and greeted this milestone with great happiness. He still prefers to crawl, and his technique is a nice segue to "funny."


Funny

Self-explanatory

Real

Does anyone else read "Momastery"? I can't recommend it highly enough. Blogs don't get much more "real" than hers, and the strength, compassion, and humor she shares sometimes rub off on me just a little. Or, I hope they will.

I think this "mom-query" post accurately portrays her approach to life. And I love, love, love this one and this one. She's not always so controversial, though. Try this one just for laughs.

3 comments :

  1. I'm so impressed with your peonie work and success! And with Leo's walking and Maggie's sense of humor. And maybe I will read those blogs one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that peony is gorgeous!! Sweet little ones too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying this. Dad

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!