Monday, July 29, 2013

Lest I Forget: More Maggie Talk

While in Texas, Maggie discovered she and her cousin Jessica both love radishes and pickles. As the evening progressed, Maggie moved on to a rolled-up slice of ham (never between bread, never with cheese, "just ham"). I wondered aloud to Maggie whether Jessica also loved ham and suggested Maggie ask Jessica. And, my favorite line from Maggie ever:


"Can you...love...some ham?"

Dear Jessica responded, "Yes, I can love some ham!"

Maggie had a little stomach bug the other day. While Brian insisted on the BRAT diet, I suggested we at least get her some soda. Enter her first parent-sanctioned half-glass of ginger ale. It was a hit. A few days later:

"Mama, can I have some more of that gingerbread man soda?"


One morning at breakfast:
Maggie: Mama, sing the fly away song.
Mama: (complies), Do you like that song?
Maggie: Yes.
Mama: I do, too. I'm glad you like it.
Maggie: We should take a picture of that song.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!