Thursday, August 1, 2013

Good Day

I'm pretty excited tonight. I ran a bunch of errands today, kids in tow, with only one mishap (when Leo emptied a dozen eggs into the shopping basket), I cleaned the house (mostly), I found a new blog I'm interested in (and I'm linking up), and I'm wearing a new piece of jewelry.


First of all, bless you, Trader Joe's for not making me pay for the eggs. I was puzzled when I returned to my cart with an elusive jar of capers to find Maggie picking up an empty egg carton off the floor near our basket. It didn't take me long to discover that guilty little Meddler McMeddlesome had turned around, picked up the carton by the top (it opened), and emptied the eggs all over the basket. The good news is only two cracked, and there was very little mess. I fessed up to an employee and offered to pay, but they simply discarded the eggs.

Secondly, house nearly clean. Woohoo!




Third, I was happily alerted to the existence of Freckles in April by Mrs. Grace Patton this evening, and lo and behold, she (Kayla) was doing a style link-up today for...new hairstyles! What, what? I did my hair in a new style today! So, I ignored The Dude's martyr-like sighs and got him to snap a few photos. It's the end of a long day, the picture quality's terrible (per usual), and I'm not sure the hairstyle was super to begin with, but here I am, joining in. All I did was create two braids (semi-french), tie them together, and pin. And I added a headband (thanks, Ali!).






Finally, I've been whiling away my late nights when I should be sleeping, pinteresting button ideas for the full quart jar of buttons I've inherited and collected over the years. See here?




Anyhow, I found this bracelet idea, and I had elastic on hand, so I Netflixed some Scandal and got busy. I'm pretty excited about how it turned out! I don't think it looks too crafty, especially in a mixed set (from Target), and I doublechecked this with my style consultants this morning who texted their approval. Plus, most of these buttons are from the collection I inherited from my grandmother's house when she moved out, so it has a little more significance. What do you think?







P.S. In between Sherlock Holmes and Scandal, I devoured Call the Midwife and highly recommend it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!