Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Images




Damn varmints! I thought I'd successfully fenced off my tomatoes, but the plant behind the hardware cloth was still vulnerable. I've got deer cloth around it now since that seems to be working around the other plants.



So sweet! Maggie was a book lover nearly from birth, but it's taken Leo a little longer to get into them. He's smitten now, and loves to select books and bring them to Brian or me. Like Maggie at this age, Maisy books are favorites.

He also loves his shoes and prefers to have them on at all times. I'm not saying the hand-me-down Keens are not great, but I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible so this shoe-love attitude seems strange to me.






Saturday morning was rainy, and I got kitchen motivated. Voila: watermelon lemonade and blueberry muffins! My sister-in-law came over on Sunday, and we had the watermelon lemonade with a little vodka. A treat for grown-ups, too!




Cook-out at some friends', and my contribution to How We Wear It this month. I opted for the maxi skirt as a dress since I often feel hot in a long skirt. I liked the look, and the belt was enough to make me feel it would stay on, but now that I look back on these photos, I think I look pregnant. Just a food baby, I assure you.




Sunday afternoon games with Brian's best friend. Ticket To Ride makes me so anxious, I had to stop after one game. But I won in spite of that rude interruption to my fabulous northern route.







Linked up to Ain't No Mom Jeans, Life in Mod, Glamamom, and Not Dead Yet Style. Whew!

8 comments :

  1. great casual party look, and I love the pics of the little ones. Ticket To Ride makes me anxious too! : > thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend (aside from your tomato situation.

    Have a great week!

    -Jenny
    http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2013/08/celeb-look-kelly-ripas-look-for-less.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt as a dress looks great and the "food baby"...so funny! I'm totally using that one when I'm not pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the maxi skirt as a dress! I actually have one that I never wear - thinking I should try this look out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress, er skirt, on you. I am so not strapless capable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! The maxi as a dress is a win...those sandals?! Loving them. Thanks for linking up, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!