Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

We had a very low-key holiday weekend. A little of this, a little of that, and a lot of relaxing, which is what I was needing.

Doc Martin source

Our highlight was having some friends over who we haven't seen for too long. I felt ambitious and prepared the fixins' for fresh spring rolls. I had a pack or so of wraps that I had been holding on to since before we had kids, but it's not like those things go bad. Unsurprisingly, I failed to take any pics, but I remembered to snap one of my leftovers the next day. If we do it again, I'll make an entire post of it.

Brian and Maggie went swimming Sunday afternoon, and after Leo napped, he and I headed out for a walk. He and I never take a walk without Maggie, and we're usually on a mission: heading to the park, to the creek, etc. Saturday was different because I let him lead the way. He tossed the basketball and followed it. He walked in the street (followed closely by me). He took every front walk to every house that called to him. I drew the line at drinking from bird baths and puddles, but he mostly got his way. (Including his outfit.)

I tried getting artsy with the Camera+ app on my phone with limited success.

And I started watching Doc Martin on Netflix. It's a British TV drama featuring a surgeon turned general practitioner that relocates from London to a village in Cornwall after he develops a fear of blood. A couple recommended it to me while we were staying at a B&B years ago. It's funny in that dry British style, which I usually enjoy, but I don't love this show. The lack of  chemistry between the main characters makes me squirm while I root for them just the same. So it'll do for clothes-folding and -ironing entertainment until fall TV shows start up again. Can't wait!

Linked up at Atelier.


1 comment :

  1. Springrolls.... They look and sound amazing! Please do a full post on that, Sarah! Also, I downloaded the Camera+ app ages ago. Maybe I should dust it off and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!