Friday, October 18, 2013

Oh, bedtime, how I love you.

Extra large, please
I feel I may horrify some of the FTSF bloggers with this post, but I might also end up being incredibly unoriginal in this link-up. I have a sneaking suspicion that all mothers feel the same way I do about bedtime.

Sometimes I count down the hours. I love my babies, but once they are in bed, I can pour a glass of wine (or beer), settle down in front of the TV to watch my shows or in front of the computer to consult my beloved bloggers. Sometimes I am even so enlightened that I read a book.

My mind and body crave time alone. I get naptime, yes, but it's usually crammed with the business end of being a mama (phone calls, dinner prep, house cleaning, any kind of project I can't complete when the kids are awake and active). My mind usually doesn't get a break during naptime.

My favorite part of the day is the part of the day that is just for me: the part where I make the choices and no one asks me questions.

Anyone else willing to admit they feel this way?


8 comments :

  1. I totally feel this way. Even more so now that my son seems to be dropping his nap. Him dropping his nap makes me incredibly sad. So yeah, bring on the wine, baby! Here's to bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I still insist on Maggie having "quiet time" the days she's not in school.

      Delete
  2. I love bed time, too. We just got new sheets yesterday, so now even more so then ever! Loved how you admitted this here though and thank you for linking up and sharing with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and I don't even have kids! I love having a glass of red wine to relax right before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!!! The good news is that as your child gets older, you get more and more of that time...thankfully!! (Visiting from FTSF!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'm lucky to have good sleepers.

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!