Thursday, November 14, 2013

What Would You Do For A Frances Book?

I hear in my head that title sung to the Klondike bar jingle. So, if you would please, "What would you do-o-o...for a Frances book?"


Around here, you're willing to not peepee in your night-night diaper (what kind of language have I descended to?) in the morning, and instead take it off, use the potty, and put on clean panties. Whereas daytime potty-training is no longer a skill we need to practice, I've been lazy about nighttime. Lately, though, I've discovered that her diaper is dry until she wakes up in the morning, and then she'd rather pee in her diaper than get out of bed. Hmmm...time to move forward.

Note copious exclamation points

We created this chart last week. One more chance for Maggie to happily practice her tracing skills. She got to choose her prize, and she chose Bread and Jam for Frances. When I feel down about my parenting skills in the future, I am going to try to remember that my child chose a classic children's book for her behavior chart prize. But does anyone know who sells the full version of this book? I don't want the I Can Read version that amazon sells.


So far, we're a week in, and she has two stars. It's progress. Of a sort.

2 comments :

  1. Such a great book! Such a great chart! I especially liked your stick figures doing each step. Looks like Target has it! http://www.target.com/p/bread-and-jam-for-frances-reprint-paperback/-/A-11494669?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C11494669&CPNG=Unassigned&kpid=11494669&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=11494669&gclid=CKjg_KOI5boCFaUWMgodMGQA2w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! We've slowed down on the progress (if that's possible so who knows when we'll actually be buying the book).

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!