Monday, January 6, 2014

For those who don't pack up their trees on the first of the year...

My tree is gone (which means, covered in snow on the front porch). The ornaments are packed up with all the other decorations (which means, sort of packed up because we are in the process of reorganizing our basement). But, the house is fresh and clean for the new year, and I am so excited about my new ornament storage solution, I going to blog about it.

We don't have a ton of ornaments. Our collection is growing, though, and it has outgrown our old storage solutions, so I was on the lookout for a new one. I regret to say I cannot give credit where credit is due. It was one of those sites with slides and a billion ideas, and I can't remember where it was.


All you need is cardboard and plastic wine cups. Which we just had on hand and you might, too! Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the base of your storage bin (I use large plastic ones) and then hot glue plastic wine cups all over it. Load them up with ornaments, and done!

Cut another piece of cardboard to place on top and you have a flat base for further ornament storage or other decor.


No tangling, no breaking. This has changed my life! And it is a boring life I lead.

4 comments :

  1. Great idea! Now, if only I could get you to come over and help me do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. I have all of our ornaments in their original boxes (mostly) and those are then stored in a huge cardboard box. This is a good idea for the loose ones, though, and I may just have to try it. Seeing as my tree is STILL up and all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, give it a shot! Enter the world of crafts...

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!