I mentioned this award in my TToT two weekends ago and recommended you visit Writer B is Me because Beth is so very funny. But she is more than that. She is thoughtful and clever and an excellent writer, and her blog is well worth your time.
So, on with the show. I'm going with seven because I've been working on this for several days, and seven random facts is all I've come up with. Get ready for some spillage.
2. I was absolutely certain of the genders of both my children before the genders were confirmed. When we were told we were having a daughter, I thought, "Yes, I know." When we were told we were having a son, I thought, "D%^n, I was holding out hope I was wrong." For the record, having a son is WONDERFUL. I just didn't know it yet.
3. I was a member of the drill team, the Swingsters, when in high school. I wore a gold sequined cowboy hat as part of my costume. I did high kicks and splits on the football field.
|I'm not sure you can get skinnier.|
5. I have a strong ability to hyperfocus. I did not hear my mother calling me when I was playing with my dollhouse as a child, I did not hear my best friend whispering my name in class (I was too busy daydreaming) in high school, and I now can tune out my children and my husband when my mind is elsewhere. Leads to great efficiency and lots of frustration for others.
6. Amycake is the punchline to the first joke I ever made up, knock-knock style. I was two. You can put together the rest.
I wrote it for my Uncle Mike, who is indeed tall, and I had a sort of lumbering walk that went along with it. When I went for my first free email address, sometime in the early oughts, tallman was taken; amycake was not.
Now for Beth's questions:
1. If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?
Ten years ago, I was nearly 28, living in Malaysia, and struggling with a decision. Really, an ideal time to drop in with some advice. But I'd only second some good advice I got from my mama, which was something like this: No matter what decision you make, it will be the right one.
2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Even I am getting bored with the number of times I've talked about my favorite ice cream. If you don't know, you haven't been listening (reading).
I mean, it's Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. I couldn't really pass up a chance to talk about my favorite ice cream, you know.
3. If you were to take me on a date, where would we go and why?
Well, I'm not the kind of person who needs a lot of adventure for a date. I like to find a place where you can sit and talk and relax. And Beth would be a fun person to talk to. So I think we would go to Grape Juice in Kerrville, TX, a place (I think) we could meet up without too much difficulty. Plus the owner there is a great guy, and I don't mind advertising for him on the off-chance I have a reader in the Hill Country who has not heard of this place. Grape Juice has a really great selection of beer and wine, and we could sit out back if it's not too hot. Or we could buy something and go put out feet in the Guadalupe while we drank it. And talk.
4. Above all else, what are you afraid of?
Drowning. Or being abadoned.
5. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
Fly. Swear I'm not stealing that one from Lizzi. I planned it even before I read hers.
6. What has been your favorite age to be and why?
I think I might have said early-mid 30s at one point. Now, I'm not sure. I'll tell on my deathbed.
7. Coffee or tea?
And the java and me. A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup.
Coffee. For sure.
Yay, now I am going to have some fun passing on this award. I am going to choose seven bloggers whose posts cheer me when I see them in bloglovin' feed. I get excited to know a post from one of them is coming on down the line (this includes Beth, but I don't think there are backsies (said Thelma)).
Atelier because Mary's has a writes from a cool, clear point of view, which is not me, and therefore, very interesting to read.
Camp Patton because Grace's is one of the first blogs I ever followed. And she's hilariously irreverent.
Considerings because Lizzi's so brave. (I know you already did one so you can ignore this, Lizzi.)
Finding Ninee because Kristi's the first special needs mom blogger I found, and she make me wants to try harder.
Left Brain Buddha because Sarah's blog is going to be a touchstone for me this year, and she preaches what I need to hear.
The Meaning of Me because Lisa was my first "real" bloggy friend, though she doesn't know my name. :)
The Muddle-Headed Mama because I love her honesty.
And seven questions for those ladies:
1. In what form do you prefer your chocolate?
2. What did you major in in college (or university)? Do you still do something related to that field?
3. Name a word you love to say.
4. Name your three best physical features (your favorites, not society's).
5. What is something that has made you proud in the last week?
6. What is one of your favorite aromas?
7. If you could only have a bathroom or a kitchen, which would you choose?
Have fun, Sunshine Bringers!