I'm gonna go searching for thankfulness and see if that perks me up.
1. I bought a set of king-size flannel sheets and a king-size blanket for less than $50 at Target. That's a deal! And we were finally warm in bed towards the end of the polar vortex.
2. Now that it's not so cold, I find our bed stiflingly hot. BUT, too hot is better than too cold. And I can always take the blanket off.
3. Articles of clothing with sentimental value. I have owned this sweatshirt for 25 years. Seriously. And I was able to put it on this week on the anniversary of the discovery of Spindletop, an event any SE Texan learns about in school.
4. We picked up our first CSA box this week. I love that its contents are a surprise. Brings out all my inventiveness as I research ways to prepare, say, the most enormous head of cabbage you've ever seen.
5. I found a way to make brussel sprouts edible. I may post about it.
6. I finished cleaning and reorganizing the storage room in our basement. It now looks so neat! And I even swept the concrete floor. Check it out!
7. The Dude and I condensed our teaching stuff down to these two boxes (plus all my language therapy stuff and the filing cabinet in the office). Still, we were ruthless, and other teachers will benefit from our lack of ruth.
8. The Dude knocked down our baby gate that used to be at the top of the stairs. I am excited to no longer have to struggle through it holding a large basket of laundry. Our baby gate days may be winding down! Or, I may have spoken too soon.
9. My heavy-duty iPhone case arrived, and I only dropped my new phone twice before nestling it safe inside its new home. My goal is to keep this phone in working order for two full years. A heavy-duty case is necessary to achieve this goal, I believe. At least it's pink.
Yes, that cheered me up somewhat. Off to check on your thankful lists!