I have no pencils!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you asking me?!?!?!?!?! Leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So, I would say, not so resourceful. Should I buy what the man was selling?
This week has been a lot of the typical stress of returning from a long trip along with a lot of other stressors that just showed up for the party. All culminating in losing my wedding ring. It is simply gone. I have no memory of taking it off or where I left it. But if I had to place a bet, I'd say I left it on too low of a surface and our small magpie found and and made off it with it. He could have thrown it away or hidden it in a crevice. He could have eaten it, but I haven't seen it, and since he wears cloth diapers, the...contents...go down the toilet. So, a really bad climax to a really bad week.
So after whinging to Lizzi in the comments section of her post, I'm putting on my big girl panties, as they say, and scrounging up a little gratitude.
This week has really sucked.
1. Everyone in the house slept in this morning. I heard fussing around...sometime early...prayed it would stop, and it did. And I got more sleep. When I finally worked my way downstairs around 9:00, the kids were just barely waking up.
2. The Dude and I actually had a date this week! How'd I forget that one? It was a wedding ring-less one (he lost his, too, several months ago (what is wrong with us?)), but it was a date. We met some friends for drinks, friends we don't see often enough. They live on the south side of our Grand Capitol, whereas we live on the north side, but when we get together we spend the entire time laughing and then asking why we don't get together more often.
Then, The Dude and I saw Inside Llewyn Davis. I'm a pretty loyal Cohen Bros. fan, but I'd heard mixed reviews of this film so I went in with pretty low expectations. And I really enjoyed it! Not their best, but still very good. Whereas a lot of people described the main character as unlikeable, I actually kind of liked him (what does that say about me?). Granted, he did act like an asshole a lot of the time, but he was in a bad place. I felt sympathetic.
3. The paronychia of my left big toe is healing. (This one's really gross; feel free to skip.)
Hello, my name is Sarah, and I practice aggressive nail maintenance. Especially when I am stressed. And then bring paronychia upon myself.
I dealt with the infection almost all through my trip to TX and was barely hobbling around by the time I got home in spite of regular soaks in salt water and regular use of antibiotic cream. You know what did the trick? I stubbed it on some toy littering the floor and that "released the fluid." Not only that, but my screams woke the neighbors. A later visit to the doctor confirmed the toe was healing (finally), and the doctor kindly lanced my toe further.
4. This little clip, a trailer for Frozen. I know everyone on the planet has seen Frozen except me (though I pretty much know the song Let It Go by heart now since the two people in my family who did see the movie love the song). This clip never ceases to make me laugh, and it brings out the most enchanting giggle in my daughter. I'd watch it just to hear her laugh.
5. I hereby invoke the Secret Book of Rules (Book of Secret Rules) chapter about those who very seldom invoke the SBR (BSR), even when given explicit permission by Clark, and skip one of my thankfuls.
6. I had an extremely productive date with amazon.com last night and might just have completed all the birthday shopping for the two big birthdays approaching early this month (see more this week). A load off!
7. I dropped off three bags of clothes at consignment shops this week so I am hoping those yield reasonable credit at said shops when it comes to buying spring clothes for the chillun. But, I also sorted through the hand-me-downs we already have on hand, and their wardrobes are already looking pretty good. This is a comfortable place to be.
8. Our beloved pediatrician is moving to Boston, which breaks my heart and makes me extremely angry at her for being so inconsiderate of our needs (how dare she live her own life!). I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed at the prospect of finding a new pediatrician I love, but then I got three recommendations within a few hours, and one sounds like just the kinda hippie doctor I love. Yay, yay!
9. Points to the Dude for hearing my analogy about not having pencils and stepping it up in the Dishwasher Unloading and Breakfast Preparing Departments and double-checking with me when he needs to go to his parents' to set up his father's computer and be fed classy take-out.
10. And now I'm handing in my Skip A Thankful Reward Card I received with my first use of the Secret Book of Rules (Book of Secret Rules) for being a seldom-use customer.
If you made it through this whinge-fest, I am impressed. How was your week?