1. My Monday was not like Christine's. Geez. We should all be grateful.
2. I don't like cleaning floors. Aside from vacuuming, I avoid the task. But our bathrooms and kitchen floors were getting pretty disgusting. I bit the bullet, stamped down my gag reflex, and scrubbed. They now shine. Six months until the next go! (Just kidding.)
3. Irises! I forgot I even planted them!
4. Whew! We are not liable for the charges made by the employee who used our credit card after the Dude left it at a bar. Seriously, who spends that much money at guess.com?
5. The carousel and train at our local park are open! Need I say more?
6. Kindergarten orientation was not a bad experience. Maggie even had something positive to say about it.
7. It amuses me no end that I have been pegged as a high maintenance parent. While waiting in line to fill out my forms, the principal beckoned me over to assure me they would take good care of Maggie at the school. And then the special education coordinator sat and talked with me while we waited for my conference with the nurse (to build rapport, I imagine). After years of pegging the high maintenance parents myself and then holding their hands, I find this amusing. And, I admit, I'm pleased to know that they consider me a parent that needs a little extra attention. Makes Maggie just a little less likely to slip through the cracks.
8. Also, I think I've corrected my relationship with the office manager. She was highly annoyed that I called to schedule Maggie's Kindergarten orientation late (not my fault), but I behaved in the manner that I have found helpful to behave with office managers: I was sweet and syrupy and treated her with the deference I imagine she thinks she deserves. For those who have never worked in an elementary school, know this: the office manager is a very powerful person in the hierarchy of an elementary school. You want her to like you and your child. If you're a teacher at the school, you need her to like you.
9. How could I forget until #9? I met Kristi last weekend! And she bought me drinks.
10. I'd rank that photo of me at 8.5/10. I am not photogenic so a good photo is cause for rejoicing.
And, before I forget once again--at Lizzi's request, three things of worthwhile:
1. I know how schools work on the inside.
2. I'm not scared to advocate. Or, rather, I am. But I still will.
3. The Dude's even better at these first two than I am. And he's on my team.
Link it up!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine