Friday, July 25, 2014

TToT36: Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

We are home from TX, my friends. Home safe and sound. And here's another quickie of a TToT while I prepare for two more sets of houseguests (can you believe it?).

1. But, back to TX ever so briefly, I must brag on my girl and her increased core strength. We may be finally reaping some swim benefits from all those years of PT! Her motor skills are her biggest disability at present, but I have never seen her so confident in the swimming pool as this summer. She swam all over the pool in a puddle jumper, kicking fairly consistently and entertained herself (and often her brother) for long periods of time with the "fish game," in which she (or Leo) threw a fish out into the pool and then swam for it. I once caught her riding her noodle horse, Clark, sans puddle jumper! I quickly slipped into the water near her so I could catch her when Clark inevitably bucked her off.

2. About ten days after it started, my left eye quit twitching. I know you are all relieved. I sure was.

3. This. For two and a half hours from DFW to BWI.

4. We have tomatoes! Finally! Of course they actually ripened right before we left, but a bold and shameless bunny was getting most of the goods. Now I think they must be growing too high for said bunny. HaHA! Take that, you rodent!
The Green Zebras are very nearly ready.

5. I came home with a can-do attitude. I think that means I got some good rest. I've been tackling all kinds of home repair-like projects I could never gather the energy for before...for which I could not gather the energy before...before for which I could not gather the energy (Lisa, help me out here; I can't handle all these prepositions).

6. I finally scraped off the remaining caulk around the tub so I can recaulk. I've never tackled a caulking project before, but you can learn to do anything on the Interwebs. So far, I've removed the caulk carefully and thoroughly (as stated), I've scrubbed the area down with bleach to kill any mold, and I'm presently waiting for the area to dry, caulk and caulking gun at the ready.

7. Speaking of instructional videos, I've also FINALLY installed that bumGenius diaper sprayer we bought in 2009 when we first started using cloth diapers. Just as Leo is demonstrating signs of potty interest. Our timing is impressive.

8. I checked and rechecked the instructions and the Internet to make sure I had indeed turned off the water to the toilet fully. This step made me exceedingly nervous, as one might imagine, but I had, and I did not empty the toilet tank all over the bathroom.

9. I also bleached all the yellow mildew spots off another bathroom ceiling. Does anyone else get these? We have a working fan that I am told is sufficient for the size of the bathroom. Yet, these spots reappear. Next step is to paint with the mold-resistant ceiling paint, but painting a ceiling is extremely low on my list of tasks I'm ready to tackle, so I may be wielding the washcloth and bleach once again in a few months.

10. Last but so very far from least (best, in fact), dear online friends (I won't use the word love here). Thanks for your support!

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

29 comments :

  1. *grins* A fine Ten indeed. I hope for Frist but we'll see...

    Glad your holiday went so well, and I hope you manage to get everything done before your next set of guests arrives.

    ...that I couldn't gather the energy for, before. (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are! You are FRIST! And you reminded me to turn off moderation, as promised last week. And now I have done it. And thanks!

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful when we see our children doing well. glad to hear you had a great vacation and that your stopped twitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy your vacation went so well and my girls too are both loving the pool and the water this summer. Just love seeing them so excited and enjoying themselves and not being afraid at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? And relaxing for us, too!

      Delete
  4. Kids are still WAY cute!!! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list, and the children are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the noodle horse is named Clark. And that he occasionally bucks her off. And that both kids are enjoying the water. And that your eye quit twitching (I know when it happens to me that I am the only one who notices it, but it's enough to drive a person BATTY).
    I am awesome at caulking. Call me and I'll come over and help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you really? I'm afraid I made a total mess of it. Now waiting for it to dry so I can scrape off the extra.
      I love that the horse was named too. She said, "We will call him Clark," so I think he's named after that creature the two kids find in the park, in the dark in One Fish, Two Fish.

      Delete
  7. I think your left eye was simply a barometer of how badly you needed time off for R&R. Glad you got it.~May

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahah -- I love your grammatical confusion. When in doubt, just say, "...crap I didn't feel like doing." :D

    Love you and will be back later to read and comment for real - we have a 6:00 dinner event and I'm unshowered. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one! My dad also sent me a more....professional sounding one. :) Go get clean!

      Delete
    2. Glad your eye stopped twitching. When mine does that, it's usually because i am so far into overtired and overstressed that I don't know what to do with myself. Glad the trip was awesome!

      Delete
  9. now..this does entitle me to a Thanksgiving (or at least) Birthday…celebration, right?
    ('...a clark in the dark who has no talent for art')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I celebrate any holiday with you, Clark! You saw my response to Dyanne? I did think of you when she started calling her "horse" Clark.

      Delete
  10. Twitching for 10 days?! I think that would have driven me crazy. Glad it stopped.

    The struggle of wording #5 made me laugh. I could definitely relate!

    Hope you enjoy your next round of guests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rough, Kristi! I slept in today and am read.to.go.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you've been busy. Did you want to come and do my tub when you're done with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds as if your vacation went well, and well done to your little girl. It also sounds as if you must have been very tired if your eye twitched so long (mine does that if I am very tired, but don't think it's every lasted 10 days.) And good for you tackling all those home repair jobs when you got back. We were away and I started clearing out the kitchen drawers within minutes of getting back! I think seeing an elderly aunt's clutter must have had an effect on me!
    Wishing you a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing clutter has that effect on me, too!

      Delete
  13. Enjoyed the Elmer Fudd thing you had going there with the prepositions. :)

    It had to be thrilling to see your daughter enjoying the water as much as she was. Shoot, I was happy for her just looking at the picture and reading what you wrote!

    We get that mold on our ceiling, too. It makes me nuts. Six kids showering, some forgetting to turn the fan on, is hard on a bathroom.

    Nice job, tackling new jobs in your house. I'm in a get-stuff-done mood, too, but instead of looking at youtube videos, I got a guy to do it for me. Your way is the better way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the better way. We'll see how well the grout holds up! I have great confidence at the beginning of projects and the impulsivity to jump right in, but time has often shows I don't really have the skillset.

      Delete
  14. I'm impressed about the caulking. I don't know if I would know where to start. You'll feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment, I'm sure. Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!