1. But, back to TX ever so briefly, I must brag on my girl and her increased core strength. We may be finally reaping some swim benefits from all those years of PT! Her motor skills are her biggest disability at present, but I have never seen her so confident in the swimming pool as this summer. She swam all over the pool in a puddle jumper, kicking fairly consistently and entertained herself (and often her brother) for long periods of time with the "fish game," in which she (or Leo) threw a fish out into the pool and then swam for it. I once caught her riding her noodle horse, Clark, sans puddle jumper! I quickly slipped into the water near her so I could catch her when Clark inevitably bucked her off.
2. About ten days after it started, my left eye quit twitching. I know you are all relieved. I sure was.
3. This. For two and a half hours from DFW to BWI.
4. We have tomatoes! Finally! Of course they actually ripened right before we left, but a bold and shameless bunny was getting most of the goods. Now I think they must be growing too high for said bunny. HaHA! Take that, you rodent!
|The Green Zebras are very nearly ready.|
5. I came home with a can-do attitude. I think that means I got some good rest. I've been tackling all kinds of home repair-like projects
6. I finally scraped off the remaining caulk around the tub so I can recaulk. I've never tackled a caulking project before, but you can learn to do anything on the Interwebs. So far, I've removed the caulk carefully and thoroughly (as stated), I've scrubbed the area down with bleach to kill any mold, and I'm presently waiting for the area to dry, caulk and caulking gun at the ready.
7. Speaking of instructional videos, I've also FINALLY installed that bumGenius diaper sprayer we bought in 2009 when we first started using cloth diapers. Just as Leo is demonstrating signs of potty interest. Our timing is impressive.
8. I checked and rechecked the instructions and the Internet to make sure I had indeed turned off the water to the toilet fully. This step made me exceedingly nervous, as one might imagine, but I had, and I did not empty the toilet tank all over the bathroom.
9. I also bleached all the yellow mildew spots off another bathroom ceiling. Does anyone else get these? We have a working fan that I am told is sufficient for the size of the bathroom. Yet, these spots reappear. Next step is to paint with the mold-resistant ceiling paint, but painting a ceiling is extremely low on my list of tasks I'm ready to tackle, so I may be wielding the washcloth and bleach once again in a few months.
10. Last but so very far from least (best, in fact), dear online friends (I won't use the word love here). Thanks for your support!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group