1. Tree's up.
2. Most presents have been purchased.
3. They're also mostly wrapped.
4. After a strangely difficult order process, the holiday cards are in and addressed (mostly).
5. Leo has some new vocab: glitter glue. He loves the stuff. He's had too much fun with it and some popsicle stick stars this week.
6. Speaking of glitter, the highlight of my week was my discovery that glitter in a spray can is something that exists. Which leaves only one question: What can't be improved with a little gold glitter? Sarah and Leo, tree and apple.
7. Our old toybox was decrepit and tended to litter wood and wicker bits and pieces in its general area. I found a new one on someone else's curb. I painted it and recovered the top bench.
|What you can't see are the scuffed bench and stained material in the 'before.'|
9. I also now know how to cover buttons. Granted, it's not at all difficult, but I didn't know how to do it before.
10. This season is full to the brim with "sing-outs." Today, my chorus sang at the National Christmas Tree, on the Ellipse behind the White House. I admit to getting a kick out of singing in the shadow of the Washington Monument.
|Red hat in the left-middle. Closed eyes. That's me. And yes, the National Christmas Tree es muy llame.|
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group