3. Yesterday afternoon, I spent some time 100% alone after--I don't know--being surrounded by crowds for two or three weeks. I enjoyed the houses full of people fully (because they're my favorite people), but in the words of Sandra Boynton, "One is wonderful after a crowd."
(Then, Brian walked in the door to tell me his entire extended family would arrive in twenty minutes.)
4. But, I think, maybe, if I'm really lucky, we're going to have a few days in a row in which we have nowhere to go and no one to host. I believe that's what I need to finally kick the cold that will not go.
5. And on to more exciting thankfuls, I have my very own, brand new, DSLR camera. Truly! My generous family pooled their funds and got me one for Christmas. I was ever so surprised and delighted. And now you, my readers, will get to reap the benefits of (theoretically) better quality photos.
6. My SIL, who is an amateur photographer, is going to give me lessons! I pitched the idea to her kind of hesitantly, but she jumped aboard as if she'd been considering it and seems to have lesson plans in mind. Just you wait, I will impress you with my knowledge of things like aperture and shutter speed soon.
7. I am not one of those people who can just 'cut back' after the holidays. I lack the ability to limit my caloric intake in a gradual manner. So, I've embarked on my annual cold turkey departure from bread, and sweets, and alcohol. This way, I'll be able to eat birthday cake at the end of this month (hey, my birthday's at the end of this month!) and still fit in my pants (jeans, trousers, whathaveyou, Lizzi). Where's the thankful? In theory, I'll have kicked these cravings in a week or two and can go back to eating with moderation rather than complete abandon or within tiresome limitations.
8. It is mid-day, and I am writing this post in bed.
9. And my new camera? No more depending entirely on my phone!
10. I've been highly entertained both my Facebook pictures of Christine's slow recovery throughout the winter break and Lizzi's singing on my loooooooong drive home on the 30th. I've been singing Dream a Little Dream of Me since, which is a fun song to sing when your voice range is lower than usual.
OK, time for my nap.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group