Saturday, March 28, 2015

TToT70: Whoosh!

This spring has started to pick up the speed of the Old 97. If I can hold on to the controls through this week, I'm safe in Spencer. Or the TX Hill Country for Spring Break.

So, quick, quick, quick before I run to the next thing:

1. I came up with what has the potential to be a really great gift. If I can pull it off well and in time. That's all I'll say.

2. Fictional characters to love.

3. I've volunteered to go spend the night with a family with a newborn because of various sad and difficult complications in that family. I am so excited to hold a tiny baby in the night. Because it's fun when you know you're leaving in the morning.

4. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is so, so funny. So, so, so funny! Run to Netflix!

5. A ton o' new (to us) clothes (for the price of shipping) for our growing boy. Spring and summer apparel done!

6. The kids' bathing suits from last summer still fit. Well, enough do for now.

7. Maggie, as part of the pre-K/K class, lead Friday night Shabbat services. Oh, the cuteness!


8.  I love getting a winter CSA, but around March it's heavy on potatoes and mealy apples. Leo can put away an impressive amount of applesauce, but I struggle with all the poatoes. Managed to foist a bunch of those off in mashed form at a potluck this week.

9. Major step forward in the 'clean plate club' mission around here this week. Why was I so slow to consider ice cream? I, who love it so?

10. Avocadoes.

Next week in TX!!!!

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

13 comments :

  1. Maggie looks adorable ;) Love those sparkly shoes. Oh, I can't wait to hold a newborn. Hopefully a grandchild soon but I have two adorable grand nieces. What is CSA? Yay for ice cream and avocados. And thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my experience, when it's your own newborn, you spend a whole lot of the holding wishing the newborn asleep. I think I'll enjoy it more with another newborn. Less pressure to do it right, more enjoyment of the experience.

      Delete
  2. So sweet of you to help the family with its new baby. Thanks for helping to bring a new life into the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it so I don't know how really generous of me it is!

      Delete
  3. love your list your daughter is so so cute - Unbreakable is hilarious one of my tens this week too. Netflix originals are really surprisingly great, Getting clothes and having clothes that fit is just well haaa a sigh of relief - i love holding a new born the best feeling - i love it when their eyes are open and they looking right at me I swear they still know all the secrets - i love to gently caress on the side of their mouths, I always get a smile. awww so sweet have a great week a ------love those sparkly shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like Unbreakable too! Tina Fey is my idea of funny.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, this really WAS a rush! And you're GOING TO TEXAS! WHOOOOOOT! I know it's ENORMOUS, but if you get the chance to meet Beth, SEND ME PHOTOS! Let me live vicariously through you again, like with Glennon!

    Maggie looks adorably happy, and I'm so pleased you had success with the spring and summer clothes for Leo. I need to know what a CSA is, but well done for getting rid of potatoes you were finding challenging. YAY ice-cream. And (mostly) YAY avocados (I'm off them atm). Have a gorgeous time with the newborn and well done you for helping out - very villagey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you have no idea, living on your tiny little island! It would be a drive of five hours at least! And on I35 which is misery second only to I10 in LA. Yeah, I know I'm basically talking in riddles to you. Not that I wouldn't love to run into Beth, though. She should come to me.
      I have such a story for you about Miss M at that event. Remind me to share it some time.

      Delete
  5. Ah, sweet Maggie. What a cute photo.
    I have no idea what we have for summer clothes. I dread the dragging of the boxes from the basement ritual we must do with each season.

    You get to go to Texas! Yay! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I took a glass of wine with me to the basement and started sorting (and sneezing). It's done now. I've got a bag for Goodwill, a bag for the consignment store, and warm weather clothes in drawers (my attempt to get the weather to warm up).

      Delete
  6. Oh the cuteness indeed!!!! I used to abhor the ritual of the clothes changing every season... we would have to try everything on.... argh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avocados. ALWAYS. Also? Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?? Dare I now? I've just weaned from bingeing House of Cards... and dude. That cuteness. SO SO AWESOME. We've been doing the clothing weeding and gathering thing, too. Feels good. Painful, but good when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie is too Adorable for words, avocados are Awesome, and the Texas Hill Country is Amazing! And there you have my A+++ for your TToT post! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!