1. There's a contest this week in honor of the anniversary! Go see Lizzi; she's got the deets. I am, probably as you read this, boxing up the prizes I will contribute to one lucky person! It could be you! Join us! Link up! Do it! This is a thankful because I am certain I will win one of those boxes.
2. Ramps, ramps, ramps, ramps, ramps! They may cost $5 for a quarter pound, but they're worth it. And for those who don't know, click here. We grill or saute them, though.
3. My favorites. Any day now. Stay tuned.
4. We spent a morning and some of an afternoon with cousins from Switzerland!
5. I'd just 'bout given up on my cucumber and melon seeds, but they haven't let me down. Finally, some action!
6.-7. I scored TWO pieces of second-hand furniture this week! One of them is, like, a real-life classy antique. The other will get painted.
8.-9. Well, this week, as I was driving out of our neighborhood, I wondered aloud to my children what that pink thing on my trunk was. What could it be? Then I forgot all about it until we reached my MIL's, and I couldn't find my phone (in its pink case). Remember the lost keys? Remember the panicked flapping? Cue Brian again: he calmly suggested we call the phone; the person who found my phone on the street in front of her house answered, and all was well. Thankful for Brian and the neighbor.
10. Dyanne pegged me as a sucker and tagged me in this mustache business. She hates to be rejected, and I would never reject her advances, so here goes:
Four names people call me other than my real name:
Mama/Mommy: the kids
Babe: the hubs
Sister/Sissy: various relatives
Ms./Mrs. Summerlin: hundreds of past students, but no one at present
Four jobs I've had:
Four movies I would/have watched more than once:
If were flipping channels and came across one of these, I'd stick around:
The Big Lebowski
Pat and Mike
Silence of the Lambs
Four books I would recommend:
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
The Solace of Leaving Early by Haven Kimmel
Four places I have lived:
Port Arthur, TX
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Four places I have been:
the Guadalupe River
Four places I would rather be right now:
in a forest, alone
on a vacation in the mountains with family
at a Tex-Mex restaurant
on a road trip, alone
Four things I don't eat:
I will try almost anything you put in front of me. I don't care to retry:
Four of my favorite foods:
steak, medium rare
Four television shows I watch:
House of Cards (American)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Pinot Noir!)
Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
Going to the Hoity-Toit with Kate and Beth
Eating tomatoes from my garden
Learning to quilt
Restocked Blue Bell
Four things I'm always saying:
I'm still here. Go back to bed.
You have a choice: ________ or time out.
Love you, baby.
And now for the four I will tag whoever links up 1st, 7th, 11th, and 13th. Prime numbers, y'all!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group