So on with the show:
1. My doctor took one look at my throat and said, "That's classic strep. I'm sending in your prescription." No waiting for results, though she did the swab just to be sure.
2. My pharmacy offers free delivery.
3. Brian brought me a donut.
4. I already feel way better after 24 hours on penicillin. That's the best part of strep--quick recovery.
5. We haven't been able to play outside much anyway because of the rain.
6. The iPad.
7. I read Dear Stephanie in about 36 hours, and it floored me. Still processing before reviewing on Amazon.
8-9. (lethargic dancing with frequent sit-down breaks for the SGV)
10. I did that quiz that Dyanne did with her kids on Facebook. It's probably better with older kids; I don't think mine are really developmentally ready for it. But there are some fun answers and even one or two insightful ones along the way.
1. What is something I always says to you?
M: Good job!
L: Go in bed!
2. What makes me happy?
M: When I poop or pee.
L: Eating supper.
3. What makes me sad?
M: When I do things you don't like.
4. How do I make you laugh?
L: I crunch Hippo on Maggie!
(For the record, that does not make me laugh. That makes him laugh.)
5. What was I like as a child?
6. How old am I?
7. How tall am I?
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
M: Play toys.
L: Sleep in your bed. (#nailedit)
9. What do I do when you're not here?
M: Not play with toys.
L: Go in Daddy's car.
10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
11. What am I really good at?
L: Playing toys.
12. What am I not very good at?
M: Telling me not to do things.
13. What is my job?
14. What makes you proud of me?
M: That you come back to me.
15. What is my favorite food?
M: Poached eggs.
16. What do you and I do together?
L: Play toys.
17. How are you and I the same?
M: Because we both have shirts.
L: Hippo diaper change!
18. If I were a cartoon character who would I be?
19. How are you and I different?
M: You have a blue shirt.
L: Hippo poop on my bed!
20. How do you know I love you?
M: You care about me.
L: Sing Sunshine. (as in, You Are My Sunshine and best answer, hands down)
21. What do I like best about Daddy?
M: He listens to you.
22. Where is my favorite place to go?
L: Go walk.
23. How old was I when I had you?
L: I don't know.
What I love about this is when they're not sure about an answer, Maggie goes with literal and Leo goes with nonsense.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group