Friday, June 5, 2015

TToT81: Streptococcus

I have strep. Again. And it's been rainy and cold all week.


So on with the show:

1. My doctor took one look at my throat and said, "That's classic strep. I'm sending in your prescription." No waiting for results, though she did the swab just to be sure.

2. My pharmacy offers free delivery.

3. Brian brought me a donut.

4. I already feel way better after 24 hours on penicillin. That's the best part of strep--quick recovery.

5. We haven't been able to play outside much anyway because of the rain.

6. The iPad.

7. I read Dear Stephanie in about 36 hours, and it floored me. Still processing before reviewing on Amazon.

8-9. (lethargic dancing with frequent sit-down breaks for the SGV)

10. I did that quiz that Dyanne did with her kids on Facebook. It's probably better with older kids; I don't think mine are really developmentally ready for it. But there are some fun answers and even one or two insightful ones along the way.

1. What is something I always says to you?
M: Good job!
L: Go in bed!

2. What makes me happy?
M: When I poop or pee.
L: Eating supper.

3. What makes me sad?
M: When I do things you don't like.
L: Bonks

4. How do I make you laugh?
M: Playing.
L: I crunch Hippo on Maggie!
(For the record, that does not make me laugh. That makes him laugh.)

5. What was I like as a child?
M: Playing.
L: Food.

6. How old am I?
M: 16
L: 2

7. How tall am I?
M: Big.
L: Bigger.

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
M: Play toys.
L: Sleep in your bed. (#nailedit)

9. What do I do when you're not here?
M: Not play with toys.
L: Go in Daddy's car.

10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
M: Eating.
L: Splash!

11. What am I really good at?
M: Running.
L: Playing toys.

12. What am I not very good at?
M: Telling me not to do things.
L: Crayons.

13. What is my job?
M: Work.
L: Sewing.

14. What makes you proud of me?
M: That you come back to me.
L: Laughing.

15. What is my favorite food?
M: Poached eggs.
L: Pasta.

16. What do you and I do together?
M: Play.
L: Play toys.

17. How are you and I the same?
M: Because we both have shirts.
L: Hippo diaper change!

18. If I were a cartoon character who would I be?
M: Woody!
L: Job.

19. How are you and I different?
M: You have a blue shirt.
L: Hippo poop on my bed!

20. How do you know I love you?
M: You care about me.
L: Sing Sunshine. (as in, You Are My Sunshine and best answer, hands down)

21. What do I like best about Daddy?
M: He listens to you.
L: Dancing.

22. Where is my favorite place to go?
M: Shopping.
L: Go walk.

23. How old was I when I had you?
M: 14.
L: I don't know.

What I love about this is when they're not sure about an answer, Maggie goes with literal and Leo goes with nonsense.

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

27 comments :

  1. I hate that you have that dreaded strep again! Miserable. Glad you got to have a free doughnut, though, and that you are starting to feel better.

    The kids' answers are awesome! I didn't know you were such a young mom. :D

    I forgot to do this with my kids. I'll have to do it on Monday. (Home soccer tourney this weekend means I'm basically living at the soccer field.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to your kids' answers! That'll be one long post!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you had strep, but so glad you're feeling better. I love the answers your kids gave to those questions. Super cute! How are we both the same? We both have shirts. Love it!!!! Their answers made me smile and smile. Thank you for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Miss Literal, huh? And how are we different? Your shirt is blue.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you had strep, sore throats are just miserable. Your question and answer session with your kids is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Val! I just about better today.

      Delete
  4. STREP AGAIN! UGH! feel better! I love the answers! especially all the poop ones... I can be such a child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always said that's what makes me good at teaching 5th grade boys--I get their humor.

      Delete
  5. Ivy stole my comment! (I'm tattling!) Really, though, I was going to say the hippo diaper change answer cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What cracked me up is that he just decided to start shouting silly stuff because he didn't understand the questions.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are on the road to recovery. The kids answers had me laughing. So funny. I miss the kids I used to teach. Dear, Stephanie is incredible. Sad and raucous at the same time. Very sad, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very sad. What impressed me is that she made me love this character who I utterly despised at the beginning. She really turned the whole book around on me.

      Delete
  7. So sorry you have been ill. I've never had strep (how, I don't know) but I've had about a zillion sinus infections. It sucks not feeling well, I hope this week you turn the corner!
    "What makes you proud of me? That you come back to me"...that is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there's so much anxiety right there in that answer. But I'm glad that she knows I come back.

      Delete
  8. Yes good thing strep is quick recovery. You have had a rough bout of it.

    I love Leo's nonsensical answers. Funny how most of the kids knew that mommies like sleep. but I bet if you asked them why they would have no idea why we love sleep so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by some of the knowledge they showed. I really thought a lot of these questions were too far beyond for them.

      Delete
  9. Aw!! Love that fun questionnaire with the kids!! SO cute!! And I'm really glad you got the meds stat and are feeling better, my friend!!

    *Craving that donut- BAD*

    I hope the weather turns around over there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful today! Go get you a donut!

      Delete
  10. Darling if you don't like bonks, you're doing it wrong...

    Leo's answers are kind of adorbs, and WELL DONE for getting your ten done, in spite of illness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hippo poop on my bed -- I mean that's a serious issue right thur HAHAHHA.
    I love it.
    I'm sorry that you had strep. That is awful and terribly painful. I'm allergic to penicillin. Like so much so that if I touch it, I break out in a rash. When I was working in a peds ER, I had to carry Benadryl because when the kids would spit the stuff at me and it got on my skin, I'd react. So then I'd have to take something. Weird eh?! But if I had donuts -- totally would have made up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is insane! I've never heard of such a thing!

      Delete
  12. Sorry about the strep - twice is not so nice. Remember Zilla had it twice? Argh. Penicillin is indeed helpful, although I think we got something else because of the "resistant strain" thing. Argh. I'm so glad you're feeling better!!!
    I did this thing with Zilla and then shelved it...I might smell a post coming on becaue #lazy. :D Love some of these answers.
    Now I want a donut. Damn. And right after I dropped ten pounds, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that now. I have Augmentin this time around, and I read about it, but now of course I remember nothing. Wow, you dropped ten pounds! I'm trying to lose some weight too. The strep helped.

      Delete
  13. I love the 20 questions and answers! Hope your throat clears up once and for all!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!