I can always tell when I'm feeling better after having been sick because I get the urge to deep clean. Not just vacuum, mind you--more like wash the windows or some other task that only gets done when you really have the urge to clean.
By the time I started to come around from my strep, we were traveling like mad, so this week in the few days we've been home before we take off again, I've cleaned.
1. The crisper drawers of the fridge are sparkling.
2. The bottom drawer of the freezer de-stickified from melted popsicle from the time someone left the freezer door open all day.
3. All the other basic cleaning has been done, including the washing of sheets and towels.
4. Having worked through that urge, I now feel comfortable living with the relatively superficial cleaning I do week to week.
5. AND...bum, bum, bum, I finally finished painting that corner cabinet I got for $20! Tell me it doesn't look great! You can't.
|NOT the final decorating for those shelves, I assure you.|
6. There's nothing like staying really, really busy with mindless tasks like painting and cleaning to help you process really terrible news.
7. And then, Brian and I celebrated a night out for our eight-year anniversary! It's not easy, but we've made it this far. Cause for celebration!
8. I got a lot off my chest with some writing about my old hometown this week and was rewarded with some thoughtful, positive feedback. Thank you, friends. That was an emotional piece, and I appreciate your feedback so much.
9. Tomorrow we head to Utah for a family vacation!
10. I'm already packed.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group