Friday, July 17, 2015

TToT87: Distractions

This week I am thankful for distractions. I am thankful for books and TV, shopping and library errands, sewing and painting projects. I am thankful for family trips to Krispy Kreme. I am even thankful for dirty laundry and bathrooms and floors that need to be vacuumed. I am thankful for busy. I am driven by that menacing sense of rising panic that makes my hands shake and my breath shallow. I feel I must accomplish for at any moment we may need to start running, running, running...from what I don't know. Grief is funny.

But it's not all poopy diapers. Not when the National Building Museum has walled off a good part of its atrium to form a new beach exhibit.

source
Yeah, that's an enormous ball pit. Look how deep it gets.

And oh, golly, did we have fun.





 If you live in the area or are coming to this area, go now. It closes in September.

Whoop! New badge!

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

8 comments :

  1. That has to be the coolest ball pit ever! I kind of wish I could hop in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those pictures are the best! I love your kids! You are really getting good with the photography huh? Are you enjoying it? I remember you did a post when you started focusing on it more... I love the duck-under-water shot of Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. I want to go. I love seeing pictures of the kids. Did you jump in the balls, too? Sarah, I know how grief works. The day to day activities, even though you participate, talk, laugh, act normal, are not normal at all. There's that underlying sadness. You have my prayers and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take such beautiful photographs.

    Keep breathing, my friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in such a great place! The pictures are fabulous. Your kids are stinkin' cute anyway; surround them with balls that look like bubbles and they're even cuter!
    Keep swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes busy with mundane tasks is exactly what we need. The kids are gorgeous, ask for lots of hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that ball pit?! I kind of want to be 3-1/2 feet tall, just to be able to play in that.

    Hang in there. Grief is strange. Be patient with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That exhibit looks so much fun. Awesome.
    I'm glad you have busy. And smoothies. Grief IS a very strange thing. Hang in there. XO

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!