Sunday, September 6, 2015

TToT92: My tailbone is sore

I stand corrected. Driving from my home to Chattanooga, TN is not eight hours; it is nine. So, 18 hours of driving, one big party, and one overnight in a hotel later, I am home again. And my tailbone is sore (this is a new effect from long drives for me).

All the experiences mixed in there--times with loved ones, new friends, good food and music and memories, my first taste of kava, silly times with my brother and sister. There's ten in there for sure.

But I'm also thankful that semi didn't run me off the road and into the rocky cliffside after all, and that I had the presence of mind to make a mental note of the number on the back of the truck.

This incongruous statement that keeps running through my head: I'm overjoyed to be sitting here having breakfast with you, but I'd prefer never having met you.

And a beautiful image courtesy of the same person that I'm trying to figure how to immortalize so it doesn't fade away into the long-term folds of my brain with all the other untethered data that will never be recalled.

And this pure silliness.


And, oh heavens, I see Lizzi NEXT WEEK! And many of rest of you too!


Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

22 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the story on that last pic?! You meeting in DC or in NJ???? Do i get to meet you too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a minotaur? Zilla just learned about them...must show her.
    What's with that incongruous statement...it's intriguing, for sure. But wha...?
    I'M GOING TO SEE YOU VERY SOON WITH LIZZI. SO mad I can't be at the OCNJ thing, but I'm so happy to be part of the Lizzi handoff from you to me to Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. The congruous statement was made by a friend of my cousin's who was killed. We had breakfast together.
      I'm so EXCITED!

      Delete
  4. I'm still sad that I couldn't swing the trip to OCNJ! Maybe this trip of Lizzi's will motivate us to do a future blog family reunion somewhere?
    I don't mind long car trips at all, but I found they're a lot more fun when you have cruise control, because we took our van to Nashville this summer and the cruise is kaput on it. My heel was KILLING me by the time we got there (first world problem, I know).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it! And thank goodness for cruise control!

      Delete
  5. Have fun all getting together next week and while Lizzi is in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are you holding a minotaur's sack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be funny. And I might have been drinking. A better question is why is the minotaur's sack in his hand instead of attached to his groin area?

      Delete
  7. That is a very interesting statue. It reminds me a bit of the huge steel bull or bison we used to see on vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How? What possesses a town/city to put up such a statue?? Except they like to give slightly inebriated (or very. Whatever) something to laugh about?
    That incongruous statement makes perfect sense to me.
    I would have loved to be there for the big meet up! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the others on Facebook? It was right next to a short, bald, rotund man in a three piece suit and a small poodle. Truly odd.
      It would fun to have you there! Let's do Dyanne's idea!

      Delete
    2. Yes! Easy for me to say, seeing as how I'm smack in the middle of you and her. :)

      Delete
  9. My long drives take more toll on my hips and legs than my tail bone. I love the second paragraph filled with love and memories. I even Googled kava, because I use the word often in wwf but I didn't actually know what it was. I thought it was coffee. Apparently it has anti-anxiety properties. Did you find it so? Anyway, Sarah, I am so delighted to be coming to the OCNJ event in less than a week. I can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only know about it because of Reuben. It just made me relaxed and sort of cloudy. I really think it lasted into the next day because I was all fuzzy in non-hangover way the next morning. It cleared as the day went on. It tastes not great--like weak and bitter tea--but not really terrible.
      I'm SO looking forward to it!

      Delete
  10. School started here today and I've been up too long already, so it really is no surprise to me that I thought the photo was of a tree until I read the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am new to TTOT. Good to see u r going to see Lizzi :)
    and good to see ur excitement ! :)
    hav fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I'm not the only one who can't resist posing with silly statues? Good to know. Maybe we can find one and pose together NEXT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!