Friday, September 11, 2015

TToT93: Fears and Worries

Tomorrow I am driving to Ocean City. Do you know who will be there? Are you one of those who will be there?

As I told Ivy, I was "beside myself" with excitement most of this week. But nervousness hit today, and hit hard. I AM GOING TO SPEND THE NIGHT WITH THREE WOMEN I'VE NEVER MET (ok, I've met Kristi once), AND EAT MEALS WITH SEVERAL OTHERS (yes, Clark, not just women).

What if you don't like me after all?!?!?! What if my clothes are all wrong and I say all the wrong things? What if I surprise my bedmate with my sleepwalking and talking habits?!?!?!?


Must distract myself...


I have a tendency to run right to the dire. We got a bit of surprise three days before school started, and I interpreted it as the end of the world. As I do. I mean, it was not good, but I was not feeling very half full about it either.

But, BUT...I forget how much we can do as concerned, well-informed parents. I drafted an email and had it checked by those I trust (I didn't want to burn bridges, but I wanted to sound strong), and it had a powerful impact. Changes were made, Brian and I were in for a meeting this week, and we've got a much more palatable situation in place. We're nervous, but we're willing to try.

And as if to prove how comfortable my girl is feeling in school, she conquered a huge fear this week...at school...without her parents. So, my opinion about that glass is improving.


I'll call that ten.

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

30 comments :

  1. Hey hey! Good for you for 1. figuring out the code Lizzi left us. I haven't given it a try yet. and 2. getting this done before the big meet up.
    Glad things are working out with the school situation. Sounds like your little girl is growing up.
    I COULD NOT BE MORE JEALOUS OF ALL OF YOU GETTING TOGETHER TOMORROW!!!! I want to meet every single one of you. I just need to keep reminding myself that Lizzi and I will be having our own overnighter with Dyanne. That will be loads of fun, too. Can't wait to hear all about the epic meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wish I could be at your meetup with Lizzi and Dyanne! We need another blogger group meet in the midwest! Have a great weekend, and good luck with the coding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ONE OF THE ONES MEETING TOMORROW! I'm so excited to meet everyone that will be there! I'll probably be wearing a sundress if it's warm out - is that the right thing? Silly Girl, no one cares what you're wearing! Just bring your incredible self!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can;t wait to meet you and I am filled with nerves and what to wear, and if everyone will like me. Am I too old, too fat, too shy? We just have to remember to breathe. The hugs will help. See you tomorrow (I can't believe I'm saying that).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs, Sarah! So glad you are all meeting up! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of all of you today, and imagining what a great time you must be having. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tens ...have a load of fun...i wish i can meet you all too...

    I get that school thing it is so frustrating we went through something for our daughter..it resulted that a plan was made that both hubby, me and Amelia are happy with.. school not so much but we are keeping a good watch on it and hopefully Amelia flourishes and learns..
    have fun post pics...send me pics i feel I know you all..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school stuff is so hard. I hate confrontation so, but I have to advocate.

      Delete
  8. During the spring I had to share a hotel room with a co-worker for a week. A co-worker who slept very lightly. Apparently - I snore. So the snoring never kept me awake, but man I was glad to get home and have a full night's sleep where nobody was waking me up to 'roll over'. Louie never complained so I really don't see the problem! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a blast, Sarah. You all have got us so excited about this meeting even though we're oceans away.
    I marvel at parents who stand up for what they believe in. You're setting a great example for your girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corinne. I usually avoid confrontation so it's hard.

      Delete
  11. can't wait to get there, I hear that Ocean City, MD is wonderful this time of year!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a tad damp, but if you're lucky, you run into a woman giving out kisses.

      Delete
  12. Oh how I wish I could have flown there but still excited to see Lizzi In florida.

    Also I think your thing counts as like twenty at least. I have a parent teacher conference on Tuesday and I so hope I come out half as hopeful as you sound.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely worth ten thankfuls! I loved the photos I saw of your visit. You are all adorable, and it looked like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...AS A BUTTON I TELLS YA!!!! CUTE AS A BUTTON YOU ARE IN PERSON!!!! Cute of course stands for Confidently Understated and Trancendently Energetic... So much fun you are! I loved meeting all you guys in real life... I am so exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, Ivy! And I'm not an IV Walker! Please come to my house and massage me again. I need you.

      Delete
  15. I am thrilled to hear that Maggie conquered a fear all by herself! What a big girl! I hope all goes well with her year.
    Even though I get to spend some time with Lizzi and Christine, I'm STILL frightfully jealous of all of you in OC. I tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled too and so appreciative of your thrilling. Dyanne, you were greatly missed. I NEED to meet you someday.

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!