Sunday, September 20, 2015

TToT94: It's four in the morning...

But I'm not Leonard Cohen (tell me you get this reference).

Instead of writing a song/letter to my brother/killer, I am baking 66 chicken wings. Turns out I should have checked the calendar more carefully before telling the party planner: any dish will be fine; I'll make whatever other people don't sign up for. My day's booked from 9:00 to 7:00 pm today. And other, cleverer people knew to stay away from the dish that requires six hours of baking.

It's hard to believe it's only been a week since my last TToT, but there you go.

I'm thankful for:

1. In no particular order: Ivy, Lizzi, Denise, Kristi, Val, Jen, Clark and Phyllis and Una, Suheiry, Dana, and Holley Perry.

2. Holley Perry gets her own special mention again, but I don't know what her blog is so I can't link her up.

3. Planned slumber parties

4. Impromptu slumber parties

5. My girl had another good week of school.

6. I figured out that her digestion probably slowed down again because she's drinking at least one carton of milk at school a day. This is fixable.

7. My boy has been a great sport this week.

8. We got to play trucks on Friday when I discovered that the sound effect for the seatbelts that go on car transporters when they ride on planes is a very loud zhzhzhzhzhhzh.

9. I might kick just this cold and subsequent laryngitis to the curb.

10. The coffee's nearly ready.

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group

11 comments :

  1. "Four in the morning, crapped out and yawning....."

    Wow 66 chicken wings...awesome am more awesomeness a lot happens at 4 am .. watch this video https://www.ted.com/talks/rives_on_4_a_m?language=en

    great tens ... coffee does taste good at four in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddammit, I didn't get the reference and had to Google it. I feel like such a youngster now!

    That's good to know, about the seatbelt sound effect. It will hopefully add authenticity to the experience next time I play pretend with my own kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you all enjoy each other in the TToT, and Holley :)
    By the way, her blog is Chasing Destino.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED meeting you in real life! I hope you're feeling better soon. I don't think it was our germs you got, but Ayla does have a sinus infection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to meet you too! I don't actually blame Ayla. I think germs are coming home from school with Maggie.

      Delete
  5. Hey...wings...oy....also we kind of have a split ttot...glad i follow you or wouldnt have known... We corrected the link cuz it was late... So im gonna go visit these guys... Your kiddos are such little troopers huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I would never guess tiny little chicken wings, with their tiny little amounts of meat, could take THAT LONG to cook! Thank you for the heads up, I won't bother :)
    Sounds like a great week! I did not have ANY time to TToT and that stinks because I actually MET Lizzi IRL last weekend! It was so amazing! And yes, it did NOT feel like we just met. Not in any way, shape or form. I was a little surprised she's taller than I, but EVERYONE is taller than I :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning on commenting on this since I read it in my phone forever and a day ago. THANK YOU for the impromptu slumber party and for the planned one. I had SUCH a blast and loved that I was in the BB and also with Brian and Lizzi in yours. I owe him a great bottle of whisky and I won't forget that. I promise.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!