Sunday, January 31, 2016

TToT107: Birthday Weekend #1

I am 40.

I am thankful I have lived this long in relative health, that my parents and siblings are all living, that my niece and nephews are fun people,n and that we all enjoy spending time together.

I am thankful for the fancy dinner my parents treated us all to and how my family made me laugh until I cried.

I am thankful for the "hilarious travesty" of a cake my sister made for me because that meant I didn't have to.

I am thankful that all my family came from so far and for such a short period of time to help me celebrate my birthday.


And to back up just a bit...

I am thankful that is there is no snow in the forecast for some time, and that I have some hope of seeing the ground once again. I am thankful that breaking my shovel in the hard crust of snow in our driveway gives me an excellent excuse to not shovel again until we get a new one.


And this week is the week I get to see Lizzi again! And Kristi! And maybe Denise? Whoop!

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful

17 comments :

  1. I WISH I WERE ABLE TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH YOUUUU!!!
    Glad you didn't set your hair on fire blowing out the candles on that cake!
    Nearly three feet of snow makes for a very respectable snow man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WISH YOU WERE TOO!!!!
      I know! She put 40 on there!
      Well, it was more the two foot territory. But still respectable.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice birthday with your family and that you get to party with the girls.
    :-)
    Hope it's a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday .... yay to you - you are absolutely on target to be at an age with everyone and everything still the same is a true blessing....have fun with all the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwh I love that pic with the cake. It's gorgeous, even if the cake was a travesty. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUUUUU!

    And YAY for you having such wonderful times with your family, celebrating. That's awesome.

    HERE'S TO NO MORE SNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how MAD I am that I cannot attend your party. Just so frustrated about the whole thing. One of those bad timing things. But hey, have a wonderful time (I know you will) and forty is fabulous (so is fifty) and forty is the new 25. So there. Love love love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am sort of glad you are mad because I am sad. Another time.
      Thank you, thank you. And right back.

      Delete
  6. I was so excited to get the invite--and so sorry that the miles keep me from attending!
    I feel like a nerd, but all I can think is that you are a bicentennial baby! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna send you a coupla pics, you math geek.

      Delete
  7. "and a neighbor reported a resident running down the street with hair on fire, yelling "Happy Birthday"! local fire official are baffled"

    (yeah, kind of a long way to go for an obvious joke, but, dude! close to the flames, much?) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you actually make me lol, Clark.

      Delete
  8. Happy happy happy birthday Gorgeous! I can't WAIT to celebrate with you on Friday! And I love that your family came and made you laugh until you cried.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!