Saturday, July 9, 2016

Terrible, Horrible, and So Forth

This has been one miserable week. Miserable. It has included the anniversary of the tragic death of my cousin Reuben, unwelcome health news regarding another dear relative, major surgery for another close relative, the passing of Skip, and then to top it all off, the shootings.

I've been listening to this song on repeat and eating Samoas by the box. I could probably twist good music and cookies into hypograt items, right?

So the week's been heavy on distraction-seeking and a continual apology refrain to my children for being in such a rotten mood.

--Brian has decided to watch GoT so I get to start all over with him. Great fun.
--the pool
--my coloring book

--the three Blue Apron meals that we got as hand-me-downs from my MIL
--a twofer: I decided our napkins were too drab and I used up a good chunk of the ribbon stash to fancy them up. An excess of color and pattern through an effective use of supplies on hand is just my thing.


And then I am thankful that the surgery results were nearly as good as could be hoped. And I am oh, so thankful for the life I lead that allows me to drop everything and travel to see my loved ones, whether as a long-planned trip or at a moment's notice. Off to TN.

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts


16 comments :

  1. Wow, Sarah. I'm glad creative arts can help you settle your thoughts and help you focus. I picked up a mandala to color just yesterday. Looking for peace and clarity. Prayers for positive outcomes on family issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, Val. And I'm not surprised they do for you too. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you too...thanks again for checking in re Skips...xo me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you too...thanks again for checking in re Skips...xo me

    ReplyDelete
  4. mad skills, is all, mad skills with the home art, yo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clark. That's the Scott in me, right?

      Delete
  5. Has it really been a year? Anniversaries of sad times are hard enough, without added sorrow. May the surgery and recovery go well for your relative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. I know. It's been a rough week for so many, hasn't it? I'm so sorry to hear about Brian's mom and all the rest. Just so sorry...I feel like so many people are saying that lately. Thinking of all of you and sending healing thoughts of all kinds. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we just keep saying it. But that's better than saying other things.

      Delete
  7. That skull is AMAZING!! The napkins look really great, too! I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough week, but glad you've found some wonderful things to be thankful for nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks. I love coloring. The tinier the spot, the better.

      Delete
  8. Yikes! I hope the road trip goes well, and that the news is good at the other end. LOVE your spruced up napkins! They look really pretty. So sorry to hear you've had a crappy week. Glad you found some good in it. Samoas sound nice! I looked them up so I knew what you were talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it goes well too. It's been put off one day because of an appt, but it will happen. I will be in touch. I will be better. (She says again with the best of intentions.)

      Delete
  9. Hard to hear of the rough week for someone else. It can't be all sunshine all the time, but oh how I wish it could. So many people getting ill and such. Health is nothing to sneeze at.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!